Medical products refer to a wide range of products that are used to diagnose, treat, or prevent illnesses, injuries, or other medical conditions. Some common types of medical products include:
- Pharmaceuticals: Pharmaceuticals are drugs that are used to treat or prevent medical conditions. These products are regulated by government agencies to ensure that they are safe and effective for use.
- Medical devices: Medical devices are instruments, apparatus, machines, implants, or other similar articles used to diagnose, prevent, or treat medical conditions. Examples of medical devices include surgical instruments, imaging equipment, and prosthetic limbs.
- Diagnostic tests: Diagnostic tests are used to diagnose medical conditions. Examples of diagnostic tests include blood tests, imaging tests, and genetic tests.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): PPE includes equipment such as gloves, masks, and gowns that are used to protect healthcare workers and patients from the spread of infection.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) products: OTC products are medications that can be purchased without a prescription. Examples of OTC products include pain relievers, cough and cold medicines, and allergy medicines.
- Herbal and natural remedies: Herbal and natural remedies are products made from plants or other natural ingredients that are used to treat or prevent medical conditions. Examples of herbal and natural remedies include herbal teas, supplements, and aromatherapy oils.